CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eagles, owls, herons and tarpon.

I pulled into the Old Ferry Dock Landing earlier this week and looked up and saw a crow in hot pursuit of a mature eagle. Fortunately my camera was next me because they were closing very fast.



I got another shot as the eagle went into a dive to pick up speed and get the crow off his tail.


This was a successful maneuver and the eagle cut into the trees, unfortunately blocking any additional pictures.

The great horned owlets that I've been following have apparently left the nest, as I haven't seen them in the past week. Here are a few of the last pictures that I took.





The St. George Island great blue heron's eggs have hatched and the nest has two very active hatchlings.




Fishing has been excellent for both trout and reds, plus tarpon are beginning to show up. I've had a couple of inquiries about doing photo trips or a split photo/fishing trip and may be putting together something along those lines. Let me know if you're interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment